The Montebello Splendid hotel organizes special tours that allow you to fully discover Tuscany's fascinating countryside, its hills, and cultural identity.
Make your vacation even more memorable with one of our tours. See all the things that await you: art-filled cities, unique villages and towns like Siena, San Giminiano and Pisa, then tour the ancient farms and wineries in the Chianti region.
TOUR OF SIENA AND SAN GIMIGNANO
• The tour starts with a visit to San Giminiano, a small settlement that dates back to the Hellenic era (300 a.c.), famous for the 72 towers that defended it in Medieval times.
• After arriving in Siena, some free time is allowed for lunch (not included), followed by a guided tour of this magnificent medieval city immediately thereafter. Ancient walls that surround a historical centre that is graced by ancient palaces and alleys leading to Piazza del Campo. This is where each year representatives of the ancient city's districts compete in a daring horse race named the Palio.
• The fortified village of Monteriggioli mentioned in the XXXI chapter of the "Inferno" by the "supreme poet" Dante (1265 - 1321), can be seen on the way back. It's surrounded by a splendid landscape of small valleys formed by a series of ancient streams and brooks.
TOUR OF THE CHIANTI REGION
This tour takes you through one of the most suggestive and celebrated areas of Tuscany. Churches, castles and ancient villages nestle among and punctuate the green hills of Chianti, landscapes of unrivalled, breath-taking beauty. The tour includes a stop at a local farm for tasting classic specialties of the region and Guide to prized red wines of the Chianti region, an area whose grape-growing tradition dates back to the time of the Etruscans.
TOUR OF FLORENCE
The excursion starts with a short stop in Fiesole, a small ancient settlement on the green hills just a few kilometres from Florence. The Church of Saint Francis crowns the hill that provides wonderful birds-eye views of Florence, "Renaissance's Cradle".
The tour continues on to the historic centre of Florence and a visit to the Church of Santa Croce, which houses the tombs of Michelangelo, Machiavelli, Galileo and Rossini.
The day trip concludes with a visit to the Galleria degli Uffizi, the museum hosts the art legacy of the Medici family. Here you can take an almost surreal walk among the astounding masterpieces by Leonardo, Botticelli, Giotto, Piero della Francesca, Mantegna and many other masters.
TOUR OF PISA
Pisa is one of the most beautiful cities in Tuscany and in the XI Century it was one of the most important towns in the entire Mediterranean.
The tour includes:
• A sight-seeing tour along the river banks and a stop in Piazza dei Cavalieri, where the Normale di Pisa is located.
• A visit to the Leaning Tower of Pisa one of the most famous monuments in the world, framed by Piazza dei Miracoli, a site UNESCO recognized as being a "Patrimony of Mankind".
TOUR OF THE GUCCI-PRADA OUTLETS
Thanks to a tour organized by Montebello Spendid hotel you'll be able to spend an entire day shopping the outlet stores of the most famous Italian designers and save up to 50% on Gucci and Prada's latest collections.
• The Gucci outlet offers signed accessories, clothing and footwear for both men and women. You can also visit the stores of Dolce & Gabbana and Fendi, a short stroll away.
• The Prada outlet stocks a collection of body products, lingerie, sunglasses, purses, footwear and also products by Miu Miu, Helmut Lang and Jil Sander.
Guide to Florence
|The heart of Florence, rich in artistic and architectural masterpieces, churches, museums and monuments from...
|What can you eat in Florence? Genuine food: the "real deal" authentic dishes rich in ingredients grown in the Tuscan countryside...
|The roads within the oldest part of Florence's historical centre, where the prestigious boutiques can be found...
|The Montebello Splendid hotel organizes special tours that allow you to fully discover Tuscany's fascinating countryside...